I’ve had a few goes at the concept of a damaged android.

This one’s alot closer to how I originally envisaged the idea. I’m quite pleased at how it’s come out. The paint job looks quite realistic and is (hopefully) pretty subtle, I just applied thin washes of red and brown to various areas and it’s really brought it to life.

This is an earlier version of the same idea.

The final puppet was articulated to an extent – it’s head,eyes and jaw could move. I also added a left arm so I could puppeteer it picking things up.

It started as a sculpture in Chavant. The plan was to cast it up in silicon and articulate it. With this in mind I ordered some glass eyes to give it a more realistic look.