This is a costume piece that was created for the Lincoln Steampunk Asylum festival. This is kind of like version 2.0 of a previous steampunk mask so it has some refinements in the design – for example it has a ventilation system built into the back of the mask as opposed to having a separate unit stored on my back. This time round I made a mould of the whole thing and casting it in polyurethane resin and fibre glass. It also has some neopixel rings installed in the eyes which are controlled by an arduino.
I struggled a little with the direction of this one, as while I had the form down, I wasn’t sure on the paint scheme. My previous mask had a very clear direction which I lacked a little for this one. Once I settled on making something that could fit into the bioshock games however, things came together quite nicely.