This started off as a replacement for my previous gauntlet. I wanted to make something that was abit more streamlined and also something that you could remove the hand from separately – makes things easier if you’re trying to operate a camera!
After a while I started thinking about expanding it into an entire arm. The main backpack is made from a brass garden sprayer attached to an mdf shell which is overlaid with a styrene skin with various bits attached. I tried to model the colour scheme after the green paintwork you see on some victorian beam engines.
Here’re some pics of me wearing the piece at the Lincoln Steampunk Asylum festival in 2013.