So I’ve finally finished my mask (more or less!). I struggled a little with the direction of this one, as while I had the form down, I wasn’t sure on the paint scheme. My previous mask had a very clear direction which I lacked a little for this one. Once I settled on making something that could fit into the bioshock games however, things came together quite nicely.
This is a multi media sculpture that I started working on over a year ago. It’s comprised of typical sculpture materials like super sculpey but I also used fabric and metal and lots of other materials to create all the different elements for this one. Here’s a quick video of the sculpture itself.
And here’s part one of my build log. Part 2 should be along in a few weeks.
Here’s a video looking at sculpting up an initial design for what may ultimately become an animatronic puppet. I thougth it would be quite nice to have a piece that would have a motion sensor in it that could react when people come close. Should be quite amusing to have at exhibitions as it suddenly moves and scares people! That’s the plan anyway. A fair bit to do before getting to that stage.