I’ve finally finished my android build. This is one that got more and more complicated as I went on. I originally started this at the beginning of December 2019 and finished mid april 2020, so a fair length of time for a project.
The original intention of this project was to attempt to sculpt a hard edged model. Hard edged modelmaking usually involves creating shapes from sheet materials and found objects, which is an approach I’ve used in previous projects. However I’ve been trying to work more and more sculpture into my robot projects and so for this one I’ve sculpted all of the robots body parts. The rest is mostly machined brass with a few found objects incorporated here and there.
Here’s a gallery of pics
And here’s the final part of my video series.