I spent last weekend trying my hand at pressure casting for the first time.  It went pretty well and I’ve produced five casts of my zombie sculpture.  I’m currently in the process of painting them as you can see below.

20170518_134324Here’re the casts.

 

20170513_194403

If you’ve not heard of this process before, it involves putting your mould and casting material into a pressure chamber and letting it cure under pressure. This has the effect of squashing down any air bubbles in the cast into tiny pin pricks and gives you a virtually flawless cast.  I had very few teething problems with this and got some very good results very quickly.

This is quite exciting as a barrier to producing good quality casts has always been air bubbles in the mould.  Now that I’ve got that sorted I can produce accurate copies of my sculptures that are good enough quality to sell, so I plan to set up an etsy shop selling some sculptures in the near future.

Anyway, I’ll be covering all this in detail on my youtube channel so keep an eye out for that.
20170513_154304

Leave a Reply