So I’ve gone a little bit steampunk crazy recently. First up I’ve made six pairs of goggles with various little lens type mechanisms on them. These are partly to sell on Etsy and partly because I’m off to The Asylum – Lincoln’s steampunk festival – later in the year so we’ll need some decent props.
I’ve recently discovered some rather cool brass paint – Ormoline metallic paint medium. This is a medium with which you mix metal powder to create a very nice metallic finish. I’ve been using it to colour various steel parts brass.
They’re some close ups of the various goggles in the gallery at the bottom of the page.
Next up is another gauntlet based on the design of my first attempt. I’ll be flogging this one eventually too but first off it’s for my brother to use at The Asylum.
I’ve also started making a ray gun of some sort. Still need to sort out a handle for it.
And finally I’m almost done sculpting the shoulder piece for the suit of steampunk armour I’m making. Having some trouble thinking of something to put on the front of the shield, but once that’s done I’ll be ready to mould and cast it. Looking forward to painting it with the new metallic paint.