So I’ll be displaying a few pieces at Harpsfest the Surrey Steampunk festival this weekend. These comprise a variety of bits and pieces I’ve started in recent months, although I have constructed an all new airship, mostly so I wouldn’t need to borrow a car to transport it!
I’ve been expanding the Martian pepper-pot robot. He’s now got a set of arms and a kind of boiler type arrangement on his back.
It’s all made out of brass tubing, bolts and some portholes intended for scale model ships. And a pepper pot of course.
One of the main challenges with this has been making sure I don’t melt any solders I’ve already made that are nearby.
This is exacerbated by the small scale of the model but I’ve found that attaching a few crocodile clips to the existing joints is enough to conduct the heat away and prevent them falling apart.